LAURENS BENJAMIN VAN BUSKIRK
Laurens Benjamin Van Buskirk was born July 25, 1731 at Hackensack, New Jersey, and baptized by a Lutheran minister. Married April 25, 1760 at Zion Church, Athens New York.
He married Maria Kloww, born 1738and baptized March 20, 1738 at Zion Lutheran Church, Athens New York. She was the daughter of Johannes Kloww and Maria Hollenbeck.
Laurens Benjamin Van Buskirk and family lived in Columbia County New York in 1790. Maria was the administrator of her mother's estate. Laurens was among the enlisted men of the eleventh regiment of Albany County New York militia under Captain James Waldron during the Revolutionary War.
Children of Laurens and Maria:
1. Catherine, born May 20, 1761, baptized at St Pauls Lutheran Church, Scoharie New York.
2. Johannes, born December 2, 1763, baptized Athens New York; witnesses were Wilheleum Van Loon and Josihemi. Married Eva Spoor. Died 1849.
3. Benjamin, born ca 1765, married Maria Hardick
4. Susanna, baptized April 15, 1769; sponsors Jurgen Kloww and Rachael.
5. Abraham, born July 24,1772, baptized Athens New York; sponsors Wilhelm Klow and Cornelia.