Laurens Andresen (his father was Andres) was an educated man who came to Holland from Holstein, Denmark in 1656. He bought land and established himself in the dry- goods business. He also added the surname "Van Buskirk" at that time.
By 1662 he was established in New Amsterdam, and purchased 170 acres on the west side of the Hudson River.
He later built a home in Bergen County, NJ and served as the county's first coroner.
He married Jannetje Jans, the widow of Christian Barensten Van Horne. Laurens and Annetje were married December 12, 1658 at the Dutch Church in Staten Island NY . She had three sons by her previous marraige; Christian had passed away July 26, 1658 leaving her well taken care of.
Janetje died March 16, 1692 and Laurens died July 13, 1694, both in Bergen County, NJ and both are buried at Constables Hook NJ.
1. Andres, Bpt March 3, 1659 or 1660 at the old Dutch Church on Staten Island NY . He married #1 Jannetje Van Der Linde, #2 Anna Grevenraedt.
2. LAURENS. Married Hendrickje Van Der Linde
3. Pieter, Bpt Jan 1, 1666 Bergen County NJ. Married Trinetje (Hanse) Harmense.
4. THOMAS, Born 1668. Married #1 Margreitje Brickens, daughter of John Brickens ansd Geertje Fonda. He married #2 Volketie Colliers on May 13, 1720, Athens NY. Researchers vary on their idea of how many times Thomas was married, but as of 1700, children are recorded to Thomans and Magritje Brickens, so our line is secure.
1. Johannis, Bpt July 1, 1694. Died 1720
Abraham, Bpt May 23, 1700 in Hackensack (NJ) Dutch Church. Married #1 Marytje Van Hoorn October 29, 1704 at Hackensack NJ.
Janje (Johana), Born December 1705, Bpt November 17, 1706.
Andries, Born 1707. Died October 14, 17??. Married Annetje Verway on January 7, 1736 or 7.